Building a brand isn’t a paint by numbers project, and if it was, you probably wouldn’t be interested. You can’t follow exact directions to create the perfect picture, but you can paint in your own style. The same with PR and marketing. You’re the artist.
To be a successful marketer, your mindset, attitudes and particular way of thinking have to be flexible, focused and free thinking. Imagination counts. Reeling it back in matters. It takes a certain creativity to blend your world with that of your target market. Plus, come up with ideas (and results) week after week.
To All the Marketers Out There – Is this Your PR Mindset?
- You’re creative, positive, quick to connect the dots
- A natural influencer, sales person and networker
- You recognize opportunities in a flash
- Know how to pitch as well as ditch (ideas, copy, stories)
- Believe that consistency trumps random effort
- You ask zillions of questions and just can’t help yourself
- Don’t need others to be entertained
- Appreciate a great campaign, laugh and pat on the back
- And when things are tough – or not, wouldn’t mind a kiss or hug at the end of the day
I understand, as well as you, that mindset varies day to day. If your dog ate the only copy of your media contact list, your mindset might change.
It would also change if Publisher’s Clearinghouse knocked on your door with an oversized check or you won the Powerball jackpot Wednesday for an estimated 1.3 billion dollars.
Say that happened. You might quit your job, sell your business or get out of Dodge. But one thing I do know, you’re PR mindset won’t change. It’s who you are.
Buy a ticket and challenge me. And make a promise that if you win, you’ll give a big chunk of change to your favorite charity.
That, my friends, would make my day.
PS. I’ve only got 2 client spots left for January! Let me help you skyrocket your brand, business or speaking career with online and offline PR and promotional strategy. Woo! Last week I got 2 articles in USA Today! Select a time on my calendar and let’s talk. Or email me at Robin@RobinSamora.com. It’s almost mid-January. How’s Q1 working for you?