The stage was his personal PR platform to deliver a message and call to action, as well as educate the audience about his own project, Water.org. Funny, engaging and not jokingly poking fun at the banking system, Matt was authentically Matt. His take and mine: You don’t need to be a movie star to be who you are and make an impact.
- “Go out and do really interesting things, real or imagined because this world has some problems and you need to drop everything and go solve them.
- Turn toward the problems you see and don’t just turn toward them. Engage with them. Walk right up to them, then look yourself in the eye and decide what you’re going to do about them.
- There’s a lot of trouble out there, but there’s a lot of beauty too. I hope you see both.
- You’re going to fail sometimes and that’s a good thing. The world wants to hear your ideas, good and bad, but you need to keep listening.
- And, there’s not always a high-tech solution (or an app) for everything.”
Ready to take action? Use your platform wherever it may be to share your message. If it matters to you, chances are it matters to someone else.