I’m on a Facebook kick lately – to add to the mix of free and low-budget ideas to promote your small business. And, the reason is pretty clear.
If you’re a small business owner, consider a Facebook business page. It’s another forum to showcase your brand, expertise and personality. Just sitting there, your Facebook page is a missed opportunity for visibility and new business. Work Facebook so it will work for you!
Here Ares 15 Ways to Get More Facebook Likes:
- We’re wired to look at pictures, so use images. Take your own, buy interesting stock photos or use free ones. Look at these links for image ideas. Facebook loves video like Facebook Live, but it’s not so crazy about YouTube links. Guess why?
- Have a personal profile? Consider linking your Facebook page as ‘where you work’. Chances are, you’ll get added traffic.
- Cross promote with other pages that are complementary. You’ll find out very quickly who is reliable. Choose partners that are partners.
- Create a Facebook Group as a way to build prospects and trust. This can be a no-selling zone, but you could have a Promo-Monday. Remember, people don’t come to Facebook to be sold.
- Tag other pages in your posts. That creates a potentially bigger audience for you.
- Make a welcome video that’s compelling and include it on your fan page. That allows prospects to get to know you better and see how you can improve their life or business.
- Craft and email to your list and ask them to like your page. You can also add a call to action in your email signature.
- Collect your prospects and client’s questions and use that content to answer posts. It’s relevant to your audience.
- Point followers from different platforms to your page, especially if there’s a good discussion going on. There are no rules here. Experiment.
- Keep your posts short, sweet and personal. Fans like to know there’s a person behind the brand. Don’t confess your deepest darkest secrets of course, but engage to gain the LKT factor. (Like, know, trust).
- Discounts? Yup. Flash freebies (first 20 people to…) Yup. Shareable images like infographics also work to build engagement.
- Have employees? Going to a trade show? Build your likes. Ask and you will receive.
- Speaking? Ask your fans to tag themselves when they upload pictures. Then their friends and followers will also see you.
- Customize your Facebook background banner on Canva or other design sites. Make sure you’re consistently branded, but don’t forget to also include a call to action. Ask people to Like My Page!
- Lastly, every once in a while, include a PS at the end of your email like, Connect with us on Facebook. PS is a powerful Promotional tool!