How often do you have a burning question and need an immediate answer? Probably, more than you think. Chances are you get online to find out what you need to know in a flash of a moment.
Well, according to Google’s content marketing team, the average consumer has these “Micro Moments” looking for quick informative answers 150 times a day (on average). Add the buzz word – Micro Moments – to your ever-growing PR and marketing glossary, as well as your outreach strategy to match your customer’s desire to go, do or buy.
Check Out These 5 Tips to Use Micro Moments to Build Your Business
- Make a “Moments Map.” Narrow down all moments when your customers need your goods/services. Think of this map as an expansion to the detailed FAQ page you have or have been meaning to write. This is a great opportunity to look at your client’s needs and what they want from your business.
- Take advantage of “Near Me” opportunities. The number of “near me” searches has more than doubled in recent years, which means you need to provide enough information (at the very least, your zip code) to deliver location-specific responses to questions. So, if you’re a restaurant owner, add more than just “pizza” or “coffee” to describe your business. Specific isn’t just good – it’s great to rise to the top of searches.
- Already consider yourself search savvy? It’s time to get hyper-local. Start detailing the best things to do in specific neighborhoods to draw traffic to your retail location or website. This is also a great way to cross-promote with complementary businesses (not your competition) and like the Golden Girls, “they’ll thank you for being a friend”.
- Reap the benefits of being “Open Now” With search interest nearly tripling in the past two years, the rise of “open now” searches leave your customers with fast finger syndrome and impromptu decisions based on their spare time. The unplanned manicure. Remembering a birthday card on your way to a party. Or, the dreaded unexpected emergency when your Mom or child needs a hospital, clinic or pharmacy – FAST!
- Leverage what people are saying. The days of making a purchase with almost zero research are dwindling, so start collecting rave reviews online – and plenty of them. Review sites like Yelp, Amazon, TripAdvisor, Facebook and of course, Google are the easiest and quickest way to shape your reputation. Pay attention to good, bad and ugly comments. Your business will thank you for it.
It’s no secret that mobile has forced businesses and marketers to rewrite their rulebooks. Now’s the time to devote the same amount of thought to your mobile marketing strategy. Be there whenever and wherever customers need you.
Micro Moments present an opportunity to cash in on those “Here and Now” moments, so put your marketing thinking cap on, get to mapping — and get back to the basics on why you started your business. Tell the world why you’re the best at what you do.