If you’re in sales, marketing or a public speaker interested in maximizing their brand and image, think about hiring a stylist.
Your initial reaction may be similar to my first thoughts. “That’s way out of my league and too expensive.”
The truth is, a talented stylist is worth their weight in gold – especially if you want to look and feel your best and command the room with confidence and style.
If (and when) you hire a stylist, be willing to be vulnerable and open to suggestions. Your wardrobe advisor and image consultant has been trained, not just in the fashion sense, but in what flatters your body type. What you see as faults, have been seen thousands of times by other stylists and studied.
And yes, there are solutions.
Your flaws can be minimized and your most attractive features accentuated with a stylist’s recommendations and guidelines.
Here are 5 Reasons to Hire a Stylist:
- After you’re over the initial, OMG, I can’t believe I’m hiring a stylist, you’ll realize that a stylist is a spot coach — just like I’m a spot coach for PR, small business marketing and free publicity. A stylist helps their clients look their best and improve their image with wardrobe essentials. You are your brand wherever you go. So, look fantastic!
- A stylist looks at you with different eyes than you look at yourself. A trained professional sees your assets, not the negative parts of yourself you want to blink away. Stylists have your image, lifestyle and brand in mind for how you want to show up. They have a strategy in mind and a plan. Follow it to get noticed.
- Love the fact that your stylist is connected. They’ll hook you up with their A-list of resources, tailors and beauty folk. They’ll share their favorite store contacts and will call ahead to make sure you’re treated like a VIP. Guys, listen up. This includes you too. The secrets of stylists could save you thousands of dollars and time that you don’t have.
- Shopping can be as easy as you like. It’s possible that you’ll fall in love with your UPS or Fed Ex driver every day when they show up with new outfits. Feel weird about all the attention? Love yourself more and more as you look in the mirror and experiment with new styles. Imagine yourself in front of your audience with only two thoughts; how great you look and how much they want to buy from you. (Think positive, right)?
- A paid speaker or professional should look like the price they’re charging. Say you’re charging $2500 for a workshop. Shouldn’t your outfit reflect your expertise and the richness of your work? Heck, yeah. Step into your power and awesomeness! Upgrade your look to be consistent with your talent, skill and offer.
I’m a fan of virtual styling and like to look at clothes on line because it’s relaxing. Others like meeting their stylists at their favorite stores, or wherever they’re told to go. Every person and situation is unique.
If you invest in your education and mentoring, why not invest in your wardrobe and image.
Tie everything together for maximum impact.
After all, it’s your PR and marketing brand we’re talking about.