PR expert Robin Samora, principal of Boston-based branding, PR and communication firm Robin Samora Inc. explores the 5 ways businesses can use promotional products to generate more leads, customers, sales and profits.
Entrepreneurs, experts and other success-oriented business professionals in search of a trusted and cost-effective way to generate more leads, customers, sales and profits, can now get some valuable “insider’s advice” by reading PR expert Robin Samora’s latest article “5 Ways Businesses can use Promotional Products to Boost Profits.”
“From upscale laptop and tablet bags to functional flash drives and everything in between, promotional products are trusted by business of all sizes – particularly solo, small and mid-size operations — to get and stay ahead of the competition,” writes Samora, who is principal of Boston-based branding, PR and communication firm Robin Samora Inc.”
According to Samora, who has been helping clients measurably improve their performance and results for more than two decades, the 5 ways to make promotional products work are:
• Create Differentiation: Don’t just hand out something typical, boring or generic, but instead give away something that audiences will like, talk about, appreciate, and positively associate with the business.
• Get Functional: If the product has a functional purpose or is tied to an event or season (e.g. cooler bags in the summer, wine openers at a wine expo, etc.), it will be used and valued for years – instead of months, weeks or days.
• Avoid Over-Spending, but Don’t Go Cheap: While it’s fine to give away less expensive promotional products in high traffic locations, make sure that it’s not perceived as junk – or else it will end up in a nearby garbage can.
• Know Your Audience: Audiences with higher buying power want a promotional product that fits that position and self-image. It doesn’t have to be expensive, but it has to align with their lifestyle.
• Brand, Brand and Brand: Adding a company name and logo aren’t enough. If space permits, be sure to add a tagline, URL and phone number as well.
Samora wraps up her article by reminding readers that, ultimately, customers want to be appreciated. As such, businesses that choose the right promotional products and distribute them in the right way will fulfill that desire – and, in doing so, set themselves apart from the competition.
The complete version of Samora’s latest article “5 Ways Businesses can use Promotional Products to Boost Profits,” which includes an expanded discussion of each of the above-noted points, is available at: http://www.robinsamorainc.com/2013/05/5-ways-businesses-can-use-promotional-products-to-boost-profits/.
For more information or media inquiries, contact Robin Samora at (617) 921-3448 or Robin(at)RobinSamoraInc(dot)com.
About Robin Samora Inc.
Telling a story is personal. Sharing it is an art. Technology makes it global. Robin Samora Inc., a Boston based PR, branding and promotions firm blends all three to take its clients’ businesses and brands to the next level. With clients like Comcast, WBZ-TV and Blue Man Group, and a roster of authors, entrepreneurs and experts nationwide, the firm prides itself on being a “Promotional GPS” that takes its clients’ brands where they want to go to be seen, heard, engaged and remembered. With over two decades of experience, the firm is as comfortable on major media highways as it is on out-of-the-way niche back roads.