I’ve had the pleasure of working with Phill Naylor who produced my YouTube channel. In addition to being a YouTube expert, he also owns a digital marketing agency, Xtralarge Media. What’s his insight about Facebook Marketing? In short, explore the possibilities creating look alike audiences to expand your reach.
10 Ways to Attract New Business with Facebook Marketing (and Creating Look Alike Audiences)
- Set up a Facebook Business page to connect with your audience. It allows you to gain the like, know trust factor, build a community and show a behind the scenes look at what you’re doing on a day to day basis.
- Use Facebook groups as a way to showcase multiple products and services — if your brand has different branches and audiences. With one business page, you can speak to all of your customers and fans without them scrolling through every post.
- Learn Business Manager/Power Editor. You can download the application for free if you have a Facebook Account. This allows you to explore far more marketing options than inside the traditional Ads Manager.
- Upload your email list to Facebook and create an ad targeted to just them. This allows you to market to people who are already receiving your information.
- Create a look alike audience of your email list to market to. This expands your own email list powerfully.
- Install a Facebook pixel on your website. With this pixel or line of code, Facebook will track everyone who visits your website and you can extend your reach.
- Create a look alike audience of people who visit your website. Keep testing to monitor results.
- Ask Facebook to track anybody who visits or likes your Fan Page and advertise to them.
- Create a look alike audience of your Facebook Fan page traffic. See what that delivers.
- Lastly, ask Facebook to create an audience of anyone that has viewed your videos (and then create a look alike video audience). You can track multiple analytics, like how long they’re watching, where they stop and so on.
Although I understand Facebook as an important marketing and PR tool, I wasn’t aware of all the look alike marketing possibilities and the power of email marketing, taken to a whole new level. And, we haven’t even discussed retargeting!
Phill has a new Facebook group, Local Ads Academy where he’s hosting free classes. If you want to learn more, email him at Phill@Xtralargemedia.com and ask to join.
Phill Naylor is Founder of XtraLarge Media, a digital marketing firm that focuses on helping clients get the biggest bang for their buck with video and social media advertising. He is an expert in Facebook marketing and works with small business owners to power up their brand, rank high on YouTube and influence prospects to buy. He believes video and Facebook will reach more customers than any other platform combined.