This year, I’ve been fortunate to receive several grants that have helped me take my business to a new level. Knowing about these small business grants and researching them has allowed me to share these opportunities with my clients, many of whom are from diverse backgrounds.
It’s also given me a new understanding of small business grants to help level the playing field, so many companies can benefit, not just the privileged.
Today, I’d like to share some of these grants in honor of Veteran’s Day. As you look through the list, note that every grant has rules and it’s important to read the fine print. These grants may be for business development, education, to help a family through hard times, mentorship, marketing help, and more.
My dad was a veteran in World War 2 and though he didn’t talk much about his experience, I remember when we went to Arlington National Cemetery. I was just a kid and saw him cry and didn’t understand why. Thank you to all who have served.
12 Veterans Grants to Share
- Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans (EBV) – Institute for Veterans and Military Families (syracuse.edu)
- The FedEx® Entrepreneur Fund – Hello Alice for veterans and people with disabilities
- Express Grants for Veterans Business Owners
- Verizon Small Business Grant
- Warrior Rising Small Business Grants
- Veterans Outreach Program Scholarship
- War Veterans Scholarship
- Military Spouse Scholarships | Hope for the Warriors
- Military Child of the Year® – Operation Homefront
- Over Watch Alliance for Non-Profits to Help Veterans
- Financial Support for Veterans Returning from Deployment
- Tunnel to Towers Foundation (t2t.org)